40 Before 20: DIY 5 Things (1/5)

May 29, 2012


On my 40 before 20 list one of my goals (#12) is to complete 5 DIY projects (because in all truthfulness, crafty is not a word to describe myself. Artistic, maybe. Crafty? Nope.) It makes me happy to say we're 1/5 of the way there!

Boredom plagued me and I wanted to do an easy DIY that would take me under 15 minutes to complete. So I redecorated my plain black pencil holder. I jazzed it up with some glitter and paint. It looks a little rough (I know), but it was in the process of drying when I snapped this. It needs a few more coats of paint and a touch up here and there on the glitter, but overall it was a fast and simple way to make something old new again.The possibilities are really endless with this type of project!

What I used:
1. Masking tape
2. Silver glitter
3. Mod podge
4. Acrylic paint
5. Paint brush

Happy days! I definitely want to try this again, but with more of a game plan and a bit more precision next time! I know I can do better and with these holders being ultra cheap, my mind is whirring with fun ideas!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I value each and every comment. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to leave one!

Affiliated

Arkansas Women Bloggers

Archive

Disclaimer

Everything (content and copy) is the property of Ashlee and/or DearieLovie unless otherwise linked or noted. If you see something belonging to you without proper documentation, email me and I will be happy to resolve the issue. I encourage you to actively share any part of Dearie Lovie, just remember to provide proper links and credit when and where appropriate. Copyright 2011-2016.

Subscribe