Go to the Farmer's Market. DONE.

June 13, 2012





(creepin' on some deliciousness)

Last Saturday I managed to mark off another one of my 40 before 20 goals! In my college town, the Farmer's Market is a big deal. It's bustling every Saturday in the town square and is a lot of fun. Since I'm home for the summer, I decided to check out our local Farmer's Market scene. Though it's much smaller/quieter, it was nonetheless charming! The people selling were so incredibly nice and the day was just perfect out.

One of my good guy friend's family owns a local farm/orchard. He works for his family during the week and sells at the market on Saturday. The experience was improved ten fold because we all got to spend a little time with him, joking around and sampling some delicious fruit. Growing up, it's a lot harder to see friends as frequently. It's one of the downsides of growing up. We all have jobs and other interests. Ah.

 Also, may I mention that the fruit buying experience is improved ten fold whenever the seller allows lots of sampling and back stories about every item on the table? I bought blueberries, blackberries, and some really juicy peaches for less than $15! I've been snacking on my goods all week and am so excited to make going to the Farmer's Market and supporting my local economy a habit. I enjoy getting some healthy snacks and the awesome atmosphere. Hooray to another item off my list!

So, do you/have you ever been to the Farmer's Market? I'd love to hear all about it!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. since the farmers market opened for season, i go early on the wkend mornings, but the past few 2 wkends, nope. been so busy! :( i love the deals, it's amazing!!! it's crazy how the brats are more expensive than your whole trip alone!!!
    i love, love the farmer's market!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love fruits (:
    Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to leave one!

Affiliated

Arkansas Women Bloggers

Archive

Disclaimer

Everything (content and copy) is the property of Ashlee and/or DearieLovie unless otherwise linked or noted. If you see something belonging to you without proper documentation, email me and I will be happy to resolve the issue. I encourage you to actively share any part of Dearie Lovie, just remember to provide proper links and credit when and where appropriate. Copyright 2011-2016.

Subscribe