Watch An Older Movie I'd Never Seen Before. DONE.

June 28, 2012


The Spirit of St. Louis 1957

About a week ago my father and I started watching TCM early in the morning. The movie The Spirit of St. Louis was on and my father couldn't believe I hadn't seen it. Recognizing the main character as the guy from It's a Wonderful Life, I couldn't resist sitting down and getting a little bit more invested in the story. The film follows Charles Lindbergh's autobiographical account of his historic 33 hour transatlantic flight in 1927 (which would later win the Pulitzer Prize). 

I really enjoyed this film. James Stewart has a special place in my cinematic heart and I was, of course, fascinated by this film. I loved the dialogue, the subtle humor, and just the dreamy picture quality. I love getting lost in different time periods, studying all the little details and soaking up the story line. I'd definitely recommend it for a rainy day...or maybe just an early morning hang out session with your father. Haha.

Later that day Some Like It Hot made and appearance and even better, that night Last Summer came on. I was in classical movie heaven. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I value each and every comment. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to leave one!

Affiliated

Arkansas Women Bloggers

Archive

Disclaimer

Everything (content and copy) is the property of Ashlee and/or DearieLovie unless otherwise linked or noted. If you see something belonging to you without proper documentation, email me and I will be happy to resolve the issue. I encourage you to actively share any part of Dearie Lovie, just remember to provide proper links and credit when and where appropriate. Copyright 2011-2016.

Subscribe