Do Something Selfless. DONE.

February 07, 2013


Here's another 40by20 goal marked off the list! Funny enough, this one I wasn't even trying to complete...it just sort of happened, but I don't think I would have had it any other way. 

Being apart of the sorority Delta Delta Delta (aka Tri Delt) has given me so many opportunities, but one of the best ones is to support a philanthropy as amazing as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Every year I've been a member we've thrown a sisterhood event where we come together as a chapter and make Valentine's Day cards for the children at St. Jude. 

It's one of the best events of the spring semester. Our dining room is filled to the brim with members making and decorating cards, sending love and support to those children through kind words. Making these cards made me a little sad, but I knew that I was going to be apart of something that put a smile on someone's face at the end of the day. 

Making my cards for these kids was something selfless. I had nothing to gain other than the satisfaction of knowing I was helping and supporting someone if only through the words written on pink card stock and expressed in magic marker. Everyone deserves a Valentine and I'm glad I could help, along with my sisters, to continually support such a fantastic philanthropy.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I value each and every comment. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to leave one!

Affiliated

Arkansas Women Bloggers

Archive

Disclaimer

Everything (content and copy) is the property of Ashlee and/or DearieLovie unless otherwise linked or noted. If you see something belonging to you without proper documentation, email me and I will be happy to resolve the issue. I encourage you to actively share any part of Dearie Lovie, just remember to provide proper links and credit when and where appropriate. Copyright 2011-2016.

Subscribe