A Bit of Blonde

June 12, 2013


I feel like everyone goes through stages with their hair. For the longest time I had long hair. Long hippie hair was my identity in high school, much to the displeasure of my mother. But the day after I graduated, I cut it all off. So, for the past two years, I've been keeping my hair pretty short and I have mostly loved every second of it. College Ashlee has been a short haired kind of gal. But here lately, as it's started to grow out, I came to decision that I wanted for it grow out long again.

It's not exactly very long yet, but my hair grows at a considerable pace and I know that by the end of summer it'll be back to pre-college lengths. Deciding to grow my hair back out also brought with it another challenge/decision to be made. Well, if I didn't want to cut it, what exactly did I want to do with it? I knew I was craving change. New season, new hair, new me - the same formula repeated time and time again.

Born with naturally dark hair and dark features alike, I've never really entertained the idea of a color change, past a few subtle highlights. So, I thought that for the first time in my life, a color change was in order. I decided to start out small with the ever popular and much disputed ombre look (which can either look terrific or horrible with very little in between I've decided). In addition, i'm pretty low maintenance, so all over color would never do for me.

Trusting my beloved hairstylist and colorist, I decided to take the plunge anyways. It was shocking at first and initially I wasn't quite sure I liked it, but after allowing myself some adjustment time I really warmed up to lightened color. Plus, when is there a better time than summer to lighten up?

So, hello blonde ends, I embrace you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I value each and every comment. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to leave one!

Affiliated

Arkansas Women Bloggers

Archive

Disclaimer

Everything (content and copy) is the property of Ashlee and/or DearieLovie unless otherwise linked or noted. If you see something belonging to you without proper documentation, email me and I will be happy to resolve the issue. I encourage you to actively share any part of Dearie Lovie, just remember to provide proper links and credit when and where appropriate. Copyright 2011-2016.

Subscribe